There’s been some great reading material in the soap blogosphere (and mag-o-sphere) lately:
- Damon Jacobs’ amazing interviews with Patsy Pease and (gasp!) Harding Lemay at We Love Soaps.
- Mala Bhattacharjee’s column in Soap Opera Weekly is consistently great, but I really loved her most recent column, a defense of Frank Cooper (the Charlie Brown of the soap world).
- Some intense debates, particularly about the ABC soaps, over at Marlena Delacroix’s site.
- Lynn Liccardo, consistently working hard to put it all into context.
- And news from the front line at Daytime Confidential. They broke the shocking news that ABC was moving All My Children to the West Coast.
We’ve also had the treat of reading Mimi Torchin again as part of Nelson Branco’s Monday column, The Soapgeist. Mimi’s covering the last days of Guiding Light, and has done so beautifully. It’s a joy to see Mimi’s work again; her interview with Maureen Garrett (GL’s Holly) was one of the most honest and direct interviews I’ve seen all year.
And today, you’ll see another guest star on The Soapgeist: me!
You can click here to see my humorous comments on Oakdale and As The World Turns, and my cure for what ails it. (Hint: If you’ve watched Cinemax after midnight, you’ll know what it is.)
Of course, you can always see Nelson’s very quotable work at TVGuide Canada, where his bi-weekly column runs.